Vermont Assistive Technology Program
NEW!! VIEW OUR INVENTORY ONLINE AND REQUEST LOANS! WWW.VT.AT4ALL.COM
Programs and Services
Our services are available for people of all ages:
- Device Demonstrations – we conduct meetings where specific Assistive Technology (AT) devices or software are demonstrated for the purpose of assisting consumers and/or their representatives in making informed decisions about AT.
- Device Loans – we make short-term equipment (not financial) loans of up to 30 days to allow consumers and professionals try out and evaluate AT devices.
- Information & Assistance – we provide information regarding AT devices and services, funding, and other disability-related topics by email, in person, and on our website through our toll-free phone number.
- Public Awareness – we can provide informational displays and equipment demonstrations for your outreach events such as open houses, support group meetings, professional meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
- AT Reuse Project –
VATP manages the AT equipment exchange, www.GetATStuff.com, the AT School Swap, which brings together individuals and organizations with available and needed items.
- Technical Assistance – we can assist programs and agencies engage in specific AT-related problem solving activities to help improve services, management, policies, and/or outcomes.
- Training – we organize instructional events and presentations for a specific purpose or audience, designed to increase participants’ knowledge, skills, and competencies regarding AT. VATP trainings may target individual devices or categories of equipment or software, and may relate to particular disabilities or to specific environments.
Funding is provided to the Vermont Assistive Technology Program by a grant from the Rehabilitation Services Administration, U.S. Department of Education.